- Do tickets cover the cost of food and drink?
Yes. Tours will stop at 7 different local establishments along the 2 - 2.5 hour excursion. Complementary food and drink samples will be provided at each stop. The samples are equivalent to a progressive lunch, and most participants do leave full, however tour members will be allowed to purchase additional food or drink to take with them if it falls within the given time restraints.
- Can you advise me on where to park?
Meter parking is readily available within a 5 minute walk of our first tasting location. Paid Parking is available in the parking garage on the corner of South High and Market Street. Free Street Parking can be found throughout the borough.
- Where do Tours meet?
Tours will meet every Saturday at 100 South High Street in West Chester (Dia Doce) to begin our first tasting. We ask that you please get there at least 5 minutes before the start of your tour.
- Can I just show up with cash at the tour time and location?
- Once my tickets are booked, am I able to reschedule in case of an emergency?
- I just tried to book tickets, but there are no more available. Is there a waiting list that I can get added to?
Absolutely. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the date that you’d like to tour on and we’ll add you to our waiting list, and notify you via e-mail should tickets become available.
- Should I skip lunch? Exactly how much food will I be eating?
Our complimentary food tastings are equivalent to a progressive lunch, and most participants do leave full. For more details, head to our blog.
- I’ve never been on a walking tour. How much actual walking is involved?
Our tours cover 1.5 miles – but the neighborhood has some inclines and rough sidewalks, it is not recommended for those with walking difficulties, wheelchairs, or strollers. For more details, head to our blog for 5 Things To Expect & Prepare For Your Tour.
- I’ve lived in West Chester / Chester County my whole life. Is this tour for me or is it more of an attraction for tourists?
- Do I need to tip my tour guide?
While extending gratuities is not mandatory, it certainly is appreciated. Experience one of our tours, and see for yourself if our tour guides deserve an extra buck or two. Typically participants leave gratuities of between 10- 20% of the cost of their tour for their guide.
- Are allergies and intolerances accommodated?
While not all food preferences can be accommodated while staying true to our food samplings, we strive to be inclusive of everyone, regardless of allergies or aversions. Please notify us when purchasing your tickets so that we can prepare accordingly, or e-mail us with any questions.
- Am I able to shop on your food tour?
Yes shopping on the tour is permitted within time restraints of each location. All of our tasting locations are in close proximity and you can easily shop at the end of the tour. For more details, head to our blog for 5 Things To Expect & Prepare For Your Tour.
Can my kids come along?
Our food tour is recommended for children who have an attention span of 2.5 hours and are able to walk or be carried for 1.5 miles. Strollers are not recommended, but many parents and children enjoy the tour by walking or using carriers. For more details, head to our blog for 5 Things To Expect & Prepare For Your Tour.
- Is the tour handicap accessible? Stroller accessible, too?
Our tours are not currently handicap accessible. However, we are currently working to find options so that we can include everyone. Strollers are not recommended, but many parents and children enjoy the tour by walking or by using carriers.
- I am a vegetarian. Will there be anything on the tour for me?
We do offer vegetarian options at most tasting locations. For more details, head to our blog for What To Expect At Food Tour Tastings.
- Are drinks included in the tour?
Each tour has one drink (coffee) tasting included, as well as water offered at the beginning of the tour. But, feel free to bring along your own bottle of water or other beverage if you’d like. There may also be time to purchase drinks during the tour if it fits within our time restraints.
- Will the food tour end at the same location where it began?
Our food tour ends at a different location than where it started. While on your tour, you’ll receive a participant’s guide with specific directions.
- If it rains, will the tours be cancelled?
You’re in luck! Regardless of rain, snow, or other inclement weather our tours will be conducted as scheduled. Many times, the restaurants that we’ll be visiting will have more seating available during poor weather than they do typically. Best of all, the food will taste amazing rain or shine.
- Are restrooms conveniently accessible throughout the tour route?
So glad that you asked! We knew you would appreciate that, so we have included several bathroom breaks throughout our tour. For more details, head to our blog for 5 Things To Expect & Prepare For Your Tour.
- Can/should I bring my camera or hand-held camcorder?
You’re going to have a really fun time on our tour. We would love for you to take photos or videos to remember your experience with, share with others, or post on your favorite social media sites.
- What happens if I get injured or sick on the tour?
Unfortunately all tour attendees participating in West Chester Food Tours do so at their own risk and waive any liability claims against West Chester Food Tours when they purchase a ticket. This includes illness and injury as well loss, damage or theft of walkers property while they are on the tour.